Part-time Treatment Support Worker
View this posting on Indeed.
Family & Children's Aid operates several Group Homes for children and adolescents who have been removed from their homes by the Department of Children & Families (DCF) due to suspected or substantiated cases of abuse, abandonment and/or neglect. Currently we are seeking part-time Treatment Support Workers to join our team of Psychiatrists, Nurses, Supervisors and Clinicians working within our Level II Adolescent Girls Therapeutic Group Home, servicing Clients ages 14 to 21 years of age. Many Clients have experienced past trauma, such as abuse and/or neglect and have high acuity level behavioral needs. Treatment Support Workers assist with supporting clients throughout their stay in the program through role modeling, maintaining a safe and supportive therapeutic environment and teaching the essential life skills necessary for a successful transition back into the community.
- Monday-Friday from 6am to 8am ** Shift changes to 8am to 10am during the summer months and school vacations
- Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 6pm ** Shift hours subject to change to another eight hour shift based upon programmatic needs (i.e. 11am to 7pm or 8am to 4pm)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing day-to-day activities such as school/homework assistance and social events
- Teaching pertinent life skills necessary for independent living (i.e. cooking, cleaning/laundry, personal banking & budgeting, public transportation, etc.)
- Modeling healthy interpersonal relationships
- Setting appropriate boundaries and limits
- De-escalating volatile situations and/or Clients
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be Responsible, Reliable and Timely
- Must be available to fulfill full identified shift
- Experience working with adolescents and/or similar population highly preferred
- Valid CT Driver's License and clean driving record highly preferred
- Weekly Payroll with FREE Direct Deposit
- Paid Sick Time per CT State Law
- Double time on identified Holidays
- Ability to work additional hours outside of assigned shift, for a maximum of twenty-eight (28) hours per week
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.