Part-time Treatment Support Worker
Family & Children's Aid operates several Group Homes for children and adolescents who have been removed from their homes by the Department of Children & Families (DCF) due to suspected or substantiated cases of abuse, abandonment and/or neglect. Currently we are seeking part-time Treatment Support Workers to join our team of Psychiatrists, Nurses, Supervisors and Clinicians working within our Level II Adolescent Therapeutic Group Home, servicing Clients ages 14 to 21 years of age. Many Clients have experienced past trauma, such as abuse and/or neglect and have high acuity level behavioral needs. Treatment Support Workers assist with supporting clients throughout their stay in the program through role modeling, maintaining a safe and supportive therapeutic environment and teaching the essential life skills necessary for a successful transition back into the community.
- Part-time treatment support workers to join our Monday-Friday 6am-9am shift
- Part-time treatment support workers to join our Monday-Friday 8am-10am shift
- Part-time treatment support workers to join our Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm shift
- Part-time treatment support workers to join our Friday 3pm-10pm/Sat-Sun2pm-10pm
- Part-time treatment support workers to join our Saturdays/Sundays 2pm-10pm shift
- Per diem positions are also available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing day-to-day activities such as school/homework assistance and social events
- Teaching pertinent life skills necessary for independent living (i.e. cooking, cleaning/laundry, personal banking & budgeting, public transportation, etc.)
- Modeling healthy interpersonal relationships
- Setting appropriate boundaries and limits
- De-escalating volatile situations and/or Clients
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be Responsible, Reliable and Timely
- Must be available to fulfill full identified shift
- Experience working with adolescents and/or similar population highly preferred
- Valid CT Driver's License and clean driving record highly preferred
- Weekly Payroll with FREE Direct Deposit
- Paid Sick Time per CT State Law
- Double time on identified Holidays
- Ability to work additional hours outside of assigned shift, for a maximum of twenty-eight (28) hours per week
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.