Foster Care Support Worker
We are seeking a dedicated professional to join our Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) Program servicing children ages 6 to 17 years old throughout Central and Western Connecticut who have experienced trauma and are in need of a stable home. Children in TFC receive daily care, guidance and modeling from trained and licensed foster parents. TFC utilizes a multi-disciplinary treatment approach that values the child's unique potential, emphasizing innovative programming, teamwork and clinical excellence. TFC Support Workers carry a small caseload of foster families with active placements providing skills training for behavior management, guidance for licensing related matters and on-call support for assistance with crisis situations. Support Workers also work with families on establishing educational plans, scheduling medical appointments and ensuring the proper supports are in place for a successful placement.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and prospective foster families as well as a variety of community organizations, groups and advocates for children involved with foster care
- Conduct periodic home inspections of licensed foster homes to ensure a safe environment is maintained for the children residing in the residence.
- Prepare necessary paperwork that is required to license and re-license foster families with the State of Connecticut
- Conduct evaluations with foster families assessing parenting and skilled care competencies; provide specialized training as needed
- Assist the TFC Recruiter in planning and preparing for community awareness events
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field of study required
- Valid CT Drivers License and clean DMV record required
- English/Spanish speaking proficiency required
- Afternoon/evening availability required and ability to assist with weekend events when applicable
- Experience working with foster care involved children/adolescents or similar populations highly preferred
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with CT Foster Care regulations and guidelines highly preferred
- In-home work experience preferred
- Case management and Crisis support experience preferred
- Weekly Payroll with Free Direct Deposit
- Flexible 40 hour per week schedule to promote work/life balance
- Medical & Dental & Life Insurance Eligibility within 30-60 days
- Paid Vacation Time with aggressive accrual rate increases based on years of service
- Paid Sick & Personal Time/Paid Specific Holidays
- Ability to set aside up to $5,000 pretax for qualified Dependent Care expenses (i.e. daycare after school care, summer programs, etc.)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous Employer Matching Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.