IICAPS Torrington Mental Health Counselor
We are currently seeking a dedicated Bachelor's Level Mental Health Counselor to join our seasoned team of Psychiatrists, Supervisors and Clinicians working within our Intensive In-home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services (IICAPS) program in Torrington, Connecticut.
FCA is the largest provider of IICAPS in the state of Connecticut with offices located in; New Milford, Danbury, Waterbury, Bridgeport, Shelton, Torrington & New Britain.
IICAPS is an intensive, in-home treatment model designed by Yale University Child Study Center to prevent children and adolescents from psychiatric hospitalization, institutionalization and/or to support a discharge from inpatient levels of care. The IICAPS model is designed to address specific psychiatric disorders in the identified client; children between the ages of 4 and 17, while remediating problematic parenting practices and/or addressing other family challenges that effect the child and family’s ability to function. While children with psychiatric symptoms are the focus of intervention, the model addresses and intervenes within the domains that impact the child most directly: family, school, community resources and service systems.
The IICAPS Mental Health Counselor works in partnership with a Master's Level Clinician fostering positive relationships with clients, families, school systems and community providers to ensure clients receive comprehensive care in all areas. Additional responsibilities include:
- Co-facilitating Individual & Family Therapy Counseling Sessions
- Parenting Skills Sessions
- Assessing and Contracting for Safety
- Limited on-call Support
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Bachelor's Degree - Field specific training provided
- Afternoon and early evening work hour availability required
- Valid CT Driver's License and clean driving record required
- Experience providing in-home therapy highly preferred
- English/Spanish speaking proficiency a plus
Full-time Benefits Include
- Competitive Compensation with Opportunity for a Quarterly Incentive Payment
- Weekly Payroll with Free Direct Deposit
- Flexible 40 hour per week schedule to promote work/life balance
- Medical & Dental & Life Insurance Eligibility within 30-60 days
- Paid Vacation Time with aggressive accrual rate increases based on years of service
- Paid Sick & Personal Time/Paid Specific Holidays
- Ability to set aside up to $5,000 pretax for qualified Dependent Care expenses (i.e. daycare after school care, summer programs, etc.)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous Employer Matching Program
- Paid Child Study Center Model Training at Yale
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.