Part-time Shift Coordinator
Family & Children's Aid operates several Group Homes for adolescents who have been removed from their homes by the Department of Children & Families (DCF) due to suspected or substantiated cases of abuse and/or neglect. The Boys Group Home is a Level II Therapeutic Group Home, providing long-term care for up to 6 male clients ages 14 to 21, who are currently in the custody of CT's Department of Children and Families.
Currently we are looking for a seasoned human service professional to support the adolescents residing in our group home program. Shift Coordinators are integral members of the Clinical Team and are responsible for overseeing and maintaining a structured therapeutic environment.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Providing on-site supervision and guidance to Treatment Support Workers on shift
- Ensuring proper staff/child ratio (1:3) is maintained at all times
- Administering medication to youth per DCF Medication Administration program guidelines
- De-escalating volatile situations using therapeutic interventions
- Assisting the Program Director and Coordinator in maintaining all program documentation in compliance with CT DCF licensing and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with training and orienting new staff to the program
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or two (2) years of relevant work experience required
- Valid DCF Medication Administration Certification required (FCA will provide training if necessary)
- Valid CT Driver’s License and clean driving record required
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with youth in a congregate care setting strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.