Part-time Weekend Treatment Support Worker for Adolescent Girls Group Home Program
Family & Children's Aid operates several Group Homes for adolescents who have been removed from their homes by the Department of Children & Families (DCF) due to suspected or substantiated cases of abuse and/or neglect. The Girls Group Home is a Level II Therapeutic Group Home, providing long-term stays for up to 6 female clients ages 14 to 21, who are currently in the custody of CT's Department of Children and Families.
Currently, we are looking for two part-time Treatment Support Workers to join our Saturday/Sunday, 6am to 2pm or 10am-6pm Floater shift.
The Treatment Support Worker will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of Clinicians, Psychiatrists, Nurses, and milieu staff and assist in providing the highest quality services possible. Many Clients have experienced past trauma, such as abuse and/or neglect and have high acuity level behavioral needs. Treatment Support Workers are integral members of the Clinical Team, responsible for monitoring and maintaining a safe, structured and therapeutic home-like environment for the Clients residing in the home.
Additional responsibilities include; overseeing day-to-day activities, teaching pertinent life skills necessary for a successful transition to independent living, modeling healthy interpersonal relationships, setting appropriate boundaries and limits, as well as de-escalating volatile situations and/or Clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach pertinent life skills (i.e. Cooking, Cleaning/Laundry, Personal Banking & Budgeting, Public Transportation and Job Skills)
- Setting appropriate boundaries and limits
- De-escalating volatile situations and/or Clients
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid CT Drivers License with clean driving record required
- Experience working with similar population highly preferred
- Associates Degree or two (2) years completed towards a Bachelors Degree preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.