Reunification and Therapeutic Family Time (RTFT) Worker
We are seeking a full-time dedicated Bachelor’s level professional to join our Reunification and Therapeutic Family Time (RTFT) Program servicing clients throughout Central and Western Connecticut. RTFT is an evidence-informed program funded by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) for the families of children in out-of-home placements or foster care. RTFT aids DCF in determining family readiness for reunification, coaches parents/primary caregivers on parenting skills, and works with the child, biological family and foster family as a team to support a healthy, successful transition and achieve a higher rate of reunification permanency.
RTFT offers a menu of services designed to promote a successful reunification, strengthen parent/child relationships and reduce the risk for further abuse and neglect; as well as ensuring that children continue to have access to their parents and/or primary caregivers, siblings and any other important people in their lives. Services are primarily home based and delivered in accordance with the principles of the National Strengthening Families framework and in alignment with the DCF’s Strengthening Families Practice & Visit Coach Models.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Prepare the child and family for reunification utilizing Reunification Services and Therapeutic Family Time;
- Preparation work for a successful reunification and work to monitor and provide support to the family following the reunification * Assist families in working towards treatment goals to decrease the possibility of future removals by providing guidance, parent education, empowerment and instructional modeling
- Utilize Therapeutic Family Time interventions/treatment approaches; work to help strengthen communication skills, repair/restore relationships and re-clarify roles through modeling, coaching and instruction
- Valid Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a closely related field required
- Valid CT Drivers License and clean DMV record required; position entails transporting Clients
- After school/evening and weekend availability required
- Experience working with foster care involved children/adolescents or similar populations highly preferred
- Case management and crisis support experience highly preferred
- In-home work experience preferred
- English/Spanish speaking proficiency a plus
Full-time Benefits May Include:
- Weekly Payroll with Free Direct Deposit
- Flexible 40 hour per week schedule to promote work/life balance
- Medical & Dental & Life Insurance Eligibility within 30-60 days
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous Employer Matching Program
- Paid Vacation Time with aggressive accrual rate increases based on years of service
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick & Personal Time
- Ability to set aside up to $5,000 pretax for qualified Dependent Care expenses (i.e.daycare after school care, summer programs, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.