Other Ways to Give
Donations of Gently Used Clothing and Toys
We appreciate your interest in donating gently used children’s clothing and toys! We have partnered with Once Upon a Child in Danbury (67 Newtown Road, Danbury, CT) to accept donations on our behalf.
When you bring your donations to Once Upon a Child, please let them know it is for Family & Children’s Aid. They will make a monetary donation to FCA to help us help families with the greatest need. They also help us out when our clients need clothing and baby items. We are so grateful to Diana Maunsell and her staff!
Be a Superhero! Start a Drive!
You can be a superhero and help kids and families at FCA by starting a collection drive in your workplace, house of worship, school, scout troop, community group, or among your neighbors. For updates on most-needed items, and to schedule your donation time, please contact Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what happens when you run a drive for us:
- You help us to sustain an awesome rewards program to kids who are in therapy. This incentive can be the extra push that creates a breakthrough. You give that child and their family hope for the future.
- Your book donations help promote literacy and a healthy love of reading.
- Your donations help supply our kids, families and programs with much needed items.
Everything listed below is for new items unless otherwise indicated.
- Arts & Craft Kits
- Creativity Supplies - Coloring books (children and adult), crayons, markers, colored pencils, paints, sketch pads, writing journals, etc.
- School Supplies - Glue, notebooks, pencils, etc.
- Sporting Goods - Soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, baseball items, hockey sticks, kick balls, frisbees and anything you think promotes healthy outdoor movement
- Puzzles, Playing Cards, & Board Games - Favorites include: Trouble, Sorry, Life, Monopoly, Candyland, decks of playing cards, card games like UNO, Phase 10, and I Spy Go Fish
- Housewares - For Harmony House, our shelter for homeless mothers and children, and for families leaving the shelter
- New pots, pans and utensils
- New twin sheets, pillow cases and blankets
- New baby/toddler/children’s plastic cups, silverware and dishes
- New Teen Items - Ear buds/headphones, journals, adult coloring books and coloring pencils, Lego kits, bath & body items, teen sized/style hats and gloves, girls and boys sweat pants and hoodies in larger sizes
- Books - New or gently used children’s books, especially easy readers, picture books, books in Spanish, chapter books, and teen books with appropriate topics
- New & Preowned Coats - Especially in large children’s and teen sizes (SEASONAL)
- Legos - Currently accepting new Legos only
- Gift Cards - For our shelter for homeless moms and their kids, and for teens in our group homes – Target, Walmart, local supermarkets, takeout foods
- Nonperishable Food - For our shelter and group homes – cereal, pasta, macaroni and cheese, baking mixes, canned vegetables, etc.
Become a “Helping Hand”
Want to stay up to date on news and happenings at Family & Children’s Aid? Sign up to be a “Helping Hand” and we will periodically send you the latest on events, and any emergency needs that may come up. Helping us to spread the word is so important!
If you want to be on our special Helping Hands list, email us and we’ll be happy to add you!
Buy Online through Amazon Smile
Shop on Amazon as you normally would, and choose Family & Children’s Aid as your charity. Amazon Smile, the charitable foundation for Amazon.com, donates 0.5% of your purchase to Family & Children’s Aid!
More information about the Amazon Smile program ›
Round Up at Rite Aid!
By participating in Rite Aid’s KidCents program, Rite Aid card members can round up every purchase at Rite Aid to the nearest dollar and designate their change to Family & Children’s Aid!
Learn how the Rite Aid Kid Cents program works.
Purchase a Copy of Silver Girl Butterfly!
Available on Amazon.com, Silver Girl Butterfly is a book written about loving acceptance of one another, no matter what our differences may be. It also shows that we can be true to ourselves, never settle, and always find what makes us happy. Butterflies can represent change, hope, life and resurrection.
All proceeds will go to Family & Children’s Aid!
Cater Your Next Party from Chick-fil-A, Danbury Fair
Did you know Chick-fil-A does catering? Our friends at Chick-fil-A at the Danbury Fair Mall have offered to donate a percentage of every catering order back to us, if you mention FCA! Visit them today in the food court at the Danbury Fair Mall, call 203-796-4037 or visit their website for more information on catering options!